Every once in while I eat something that I decide I just want to eat every single day forever and ever. I imagine becoming the crazy-lady that only eats one dish.... going to the supermarket and buying the ingredients in bulk... eating that one thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of eternity.
This was one of those things. Sadly, I ended up having porridge for breakfast the next morning, so things for me and this pizza didn't turn out to be long term. But it was only about a week before I had another delicious encounter with the World's Best Pizza.
We quite like thin crusts on pizza, so we usually use a Turkish Lavash bread for the base. (I can just HEAR the Italian readers cringing...) You can crisp it up in the oven ahead of time, but when you eat it, it makes a nice crispy bread, which is still malleable enough to roll up.
Here's how easy it is to make this pizza:
- In a mini food processor, whizz up 2 tbsp of olive oil with a big handful of fresh basil leaves
- Slice up a ball of mozzarella and a bit of good quality chorizo
- Brush the thin pizza base with your basil oil
- Scatter the mozzarella, chorizo, and some sundried or sunkissed tomatoes over the pizza
- Slice up an avocado and squeeze a lemon over the top
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes
- Top the pizza with the avocado slices and a few more leaves of basil
Incredible! But don't blame me if you never eat anything else ever again.